Saturday, September 18, 2010

Korea Day 1 (Sept 16/17)

Well, here I am again. Traveling. Due to the raving reviews and demands from my ravenous fans (hi Mom & Dad!) I have decided to once again continue to journal my epic exploits across the globe. 2/2 years for leaving the country, so far so good.

Sadly, my journey this time begins with a day of flights which includes little to no legroom, body parts falling asleep, poor movie choices and the company of an occasional fart from a nearby flightee. On the bright , I've got an Amy Brown following me around this time full of good cheer ("JESSE, my side hurts GRRR JESSE MY CHEST HURTS, JESSE MY FOOT IS ASLEEP"). I'm sitting here typing this in the airplane of the Narita airport in Tokyo, waiting to take off our flight to Busan. Right before entering the plane however, I had a horrifying encounter with one of my old foes, a bidet.


thanks, but no thanks...also note the obscene amount of controls.

Upon arrival we went through pointless security (they scanned our bags, but anyone who walked through the detector and went off were just ignored) then searched for a payphone to call up Mark. After some fumbled attempts at communication with the locals, I finally managed to get some change so I could use a payphone.

Mark picked us up at airport without too much difficulty and we headed to his place. His apartment is actually pretty nice, although it's kinda small..

His place is small, but Amy's having a blast!

After stopping at Mark's we headed out to the nightlife of Masan. Across the street we took an elevator up to a small restaurant/bar on the rooftop and had my first taste of Korean beer which wasn't the most amazing thing ever... however, these were: (button picture... i don't have one yet, caption: service buttons! If only bars in America had these.... seriously)

After getting reasonably intoxicated we decided to call it an evening.. it was about 2am in Korea and about 1PM back home ;).

1 comment:

Thomas Glessner Weaver said...

Hey Jess, You made it to Korea it looks like. Look forward to your postings and photos. Cheers:-)